The Dorm

The Dorm
King size bed, no roommate and a beautfiul plant make up the ingredients of the dorm daze that is my college life. Sure it's a little messy, but no room is a room without the usual clothes on the chair and random objects on the bed.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Remember Yesterday When.....

So I finally got my blog up and running. I basically was inspired by a good friend of mine (Jon Tanaka) whose accounts of his daily life reminded me of mine, but in a different region in Cali. This whole blog thing is pretty dope, but it is kind of annoying because of all the things you need to add to make it look at the very least...presentable. Anyways, living here it Berkeley is completely different from the life at home. I can easily go to the gym and work out or go to random places to eat just because I feel like it. The only thing that I really crave right now is a vehicle of some sort. It would definitely make traveling to various destinations and hotspots much much easier. After the few weeks I've been here I have to admit that not having my parents around and even my little sister...and my dogs <3

So now for the actual post: On a calm and cool evening on the fourth floor of building six, bright faces filled the common room. The arduous task completing the work for the following day and tagging up everyone's whiteboards took its toll on the residents and their stomachs began to growl. They began to crave the delicacies of the foothill dining commons. It's no longer a decision on whether to head down or not, it's become the nightly ritual that keeps the bellys of 6B42 full. On the way down we all decided on the different things that we could order, things like super fries, grill cheese (not a typo), or milk chug. Things that would satisfy the various cravings and delight the many palates heading towards the cub market. Upon receiving the food stuffs we head back towards the dorm, absolute glee marking each and every face. Griffin being the most excited because he didn't buy a drink. He had purchased a half gallon of milk which he stored in the fridge the previous day. The mere thought of the milk excited him for the meal that was about to take place. After all, it is the perfect complement to a cheap meal. foreshadowing. He says, "I can't wait to drink that milk. Fucken perfect." We finally get back and file into Griffin/Will's dorm room and turn on the tube. As Griffin walks in he lays his food down on his bed and walks slowly and full of hope and happiness towards the fridge on the opposite end of the room. Meanwhile, I am on the phone with a girl who sounds pretty cute. As we make small talk Griffin reaches into the fridge and pulls out the milk. Then as I am answering one of her questions all I hear is:

Griffin: "The fucking milk is frozen solid!"

Will: *Laughs*

Griffin: "FUCK," as he slams the frozen dairy into the ground and walks sullen and downtrodden back to his food ... milkless.

I start hysterically laughing and because of this uncontrollable laughter I have to give up the phone unable to say a word. Only a mixture of Hoo's, Hee's and Ha's escaping my mouth.

The sound of disappointment and anger that came from the loud FUCK echoed throughout the dorm as I literally rolled on the floor laughing.


Will: "Should we thaw it or something...?"

lol







Then we decided it was time to act like the ghetto bitches we are. Gathering in the hall and weilding them gats we posed for some OG pics. Although we were acting ghetto frikkin LIZ managed to snag a pic of me in the "maybe they won't see me like this state." Well she got me. Then even more fail occured.

Fail:

As I walked through the hall I was grabbin' crotch. It's what G's do. I crotch grabbed my way from one end of the hall to the other. When I got to Nawal's room she yelled at me, "Jordan, what are you doing?!"

I, not realizing the fail that would slip out of my mouth shouted back, "I'm grabbin my crotch. I'm HARD."

Fail....


All in all, the experiences that I have encountered so far in my dorm have been great. I'm glad I stopped locking myself in my dorm with my plant-Mort shunning the outside world. Foothill 6B42G aint half bad haha.

No comments: